Buying and Renting InstrumentsHow It All Works
• Plans We OfferWe primarily offer two plans, each consisting of different instrument and price options. Both plans feature the same high quality brands, including: Armstrong, Bach, Blessing, Conn, Eastman, Gemeinhardt, Getzen, Holton, Jupiter, King, LeBlanc, Ludwig, Mapex, Musser, Noblet, Pearl, Selmer, Vito, Yamaha, and Yanagisawa.
COOPER 2.0 PLAN
The Cooper 2.0 Plan consists of some of our highest quality instruments. These instruments are great for beginners and experienced players alike, and they could certainly hold up for a serious player all the way through college. Instruments under this plan include: high quality flutes and saxophones, wooden clarinets, f-attachment trombones, trumpets with thumb saddles, and combo kits (snare drum and bell kit). All are available in used, like-new, and new conditions.
Click here to view the price list (Español).
COOPER 1.0 PLAN
The Cooper 1.0 Plan consists of high quality, beginner instruments. These instruments are great for beginners who plan to purchase a step-up (Cooper 2.0) instrument in the near future. Instruments under this plan include: good saxophones, plastic clarinets, peashooter trombones, trumpets without thumb saddles, and snare drums OR bell kits. Flutes are not available under this plan. Each instrument is available in used, like-new, and new conditions, with the exception of the alto saxophone, which is only available in used.
Click here to view the price list (Español).
• Payment OptionsYou have three payment options when it comes to purchasing or financing an instrument with Cooper Music:
01. Down payment + Monthly Payments
With this option, you pay the down payment ($90.00 new, $55.00 like-new, and $45 used), then make monthly payments on the instrument until it is paid in full.
With this option, you simply pay cash (that is, pay for the instrument in full). If you choose to pay cash, the total price will be roughly 20% cheaper than paying monthly.
03. Down Payment + Monthly Payments + Cash
We also offer the cash price to those who have been paying on their instruments monthly. If you would like to pay off the remaining price early, we will still offer the 20% payoff price up to the first two months after financing. After the first two months, if you would like to payoff the remaining price, you are more than welcome to do so, but it will not be the 20% cash price.
• What Determines Your Monthly PaymentsMonthly payments are determined by a credit check upon applying for an instrument. Individuals with a "passing" credit score will have our usual Cooper 1.0 & 2.0 payment rates. Those with lower credit scores will be placed under the care of our affiliate program, which may result in lower monthly payments with higher interest rates and longer payment terms. (Please note that Cooper Music has a plan for everyone, whether they have excellent, poor, or no credit at all. We do not deny anyone based on credit.)
• How We Take Monthly PaymentsWe take monthly payments by way of Automatic Draft. This means that we automatically debit your monthly payment from your account. Payments are either taken out on the 1st or the 15th of each month, unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday; in that case, payments will be withdrawn on the next available business day. If you apply for an instrument from the 1st-15th, your payments will be withdrawn on the 1st of each month; if you apply from the 16th-end of the month, your payments will be withdrawn on the 15th of each month. However, you are free to choose which date best suits you, if needed.
• What You Need to ApplyIf you choose to finance an instrument, you will need the following items when applying:
01. Down payment
02. Voided check (or document from the bank with routing number & account number)
03. Driver's license
• Repairing Your Instrument & WarrantyWhen you buy or finance an instrument with Cooper Music, it will come with a repair warranty. For instruments that have been paid in cash, individuals will have a 1-year repair warranty on the instrument. For instruments that are financed, individuals will have a repair warranty the entire time they are making payments.
Our repair warranty covers general problems with the instrument. It does NOT cover the following:
• Damage done by the student
• General cleanings
Whether under warranty or not, getting your instrument repaired at Cooper Music is a smooth and quick process. With our honest, dedicated repair staff on site, your instrument will receive the proper care it deserves to keep it lasting for years to come.
• How to End Your Monthly PaymentsIf you are financing an instrument with us and your child no longer wants to play in band, you are free to return the instrument at any time and cancel the contract. Once we have the instrument back in our possession, your contract will be voided and monthly payments will immediately cease. If the AutoDraft has already been set to go through on the month after your instrument has been returned, you will be refunded afterwards.
Monday – Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
We are closed on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Store Phone: (479) 967-3273
Toll Free: (800) 813-7333
914 West Main, Russellville, AR 72801